- The centre treats all people with equal respect and consideration. We strive to ensure that this attitude is embodied in the way we provide our services, in our employment and recruitment practices and in the way, we work with associates, learners and partners. We expect everyone who works with and for us to support us in this. Attached is an equal opportunity monitoring form.
- Individuals, both employed and self-employed, are considered for jobs, contracts, development and promotion solely based on their ability to do the job – regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Our policies and procedures provide for you to complain, should you feel that you have not received fair and equal treatment. Any such complaint will be promptly and thoroughly investigated and answered.
- Sexual, victimisation, racial, other form of harassment or discrimination, including bullying will not be tolerated. Prompt action will be taken which will include disciplinary action where appropriate.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIVERSITY
- The centre works towards a fair and just personal and professional development and training sector, where everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential including staff and learners.
- A sector where no one is excluded and where we respect each other and our differences. We must work together to make the changes needed to achieve this. We must remove the causes of discrimination and prejudice.
- We must strengthen and build on what is positive and inclusive. We are pledged to work together with people and organisations across the sector to end discrimination and prejudice. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
We believe that we must work together to achieve change. Many local authorities, public and voluntary organisations, businesses and individuals are already committed to equality. They have made real
progress in taking things forward. There is still a great deal more to do. This policy will be use in our daily activities including recruitment, selection, training, promotion, discipline and dismissal. The manager and/or director will be the main person responsible for the successful implementation of the policy.
We will work together with a wide range of organisations and bodies, sharing information and enthusiasm, to build a real partnership for change.
We must all make every effort possible to influence and encourage changes in attitudes and fictional beliefs. This is a good basis for making sure that improvements are made.
This policy with be used together with other policies and procedures.
Comply with the Equality Act 2010 and subsequent amendments.
We are determined to make the Training and Development sector an area of service where everyone matters. Discrimination and prejudice have no place in today’s world. There is no room for excluding people. We need to work together, to pool our skills and talents. We need to have respect for each other.
In this way, we will make all our communities stronger. We will deliver a better deal for all the members of our communities that we serve.